Photos:(clockwise from top left): Pickle Line Building,
Steel Mill Warehouse Structure, New Building Facade, Grain Storage
and Receiving Facility
Atkinson Engineering Inc. has extensive experience in the structural
design of industrial buildings for light and heavy industrial environments.
Projects have included new facilities, additions and renovations involving
structures of steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and wood. Projects
- Steel mill buildings with heavy-duty overhead cranes where fatigue
analysis is critical.
- Manufacturing plants with cranes, truck docks, mechanical mezzanines,
employee facilities, and office areas.
- Multi-level processing plants with heavy equipment and tank support
structure, stairwells, and hoistways.
- Power plants, pump houses, electrical rooms, control rooms.
- Storage and shipping buildings ranging from high-density, high-throughput
steel coil facilities to grain storage with intensive conveying.
- Truck and rail receiving and shipping enclosures.