Photos: (clockwise from left): Undergraduate Chemistry
Teaching Laboratory, Penthouse Air Handling Unit and Piping,
Underground service tunnel piping, 2000 Ton Chiller, Central
Utility Plant Roof Equipment
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
Atkinson Engineering Inc. has provided a diverse variety of HVAC
engineering services for all types of projects ranging from commercial
and institutional, to light and heavy industrial. Designs have encompassed
everything from the typical packaged rooftop units to unique custom-built
air handling systems with variable volume controls for energy efficient
and code-compliant operation with occupant health and comfort always
a priority. Specialized systems are an Atkinson Engineering Inc.
strong suit with examples such as:
- Multi-fan manifolded laboratory fume hood exhaust systems.
- Hybrid variable volume dual duct air conditioning/outdoor air
ventilation systems and controls for large multi-use institutional
- Central plant district cooling chillers, cooling towers, variable
flow primary pumping systems and tunnel piping networks.
- Glycol systems for both cooling and heating decoupled through
heat exchangers for winter heat reclaim on chilled water district
- Industrial boilers for steam generation with economizers.
- Reverse osmosis, cooling tower chemical treatment and water
- Process cooling water systems for laboratories and industrial
processes utilizing bay water, chilled water heat exchangers and
direct contact cooling towers.
- Ventilation systems for industrial plants and processes utilizing
both natural and mechanical exhaust systems.
- Custom air distribution designs for clean rooms, animal holding
rooms, operating rooms, hospital wards, laboratory fume hoods
for research and teaching, radioactive and bio-hazard labs.
- Critical space HVAC for x-ray, mass spectrometer, nuclear magnetic
- Local exhaust systems for industrial and laboratory processes.
- DDC electronic control and building automation systems.